When it comes to the flow of space, you must have ambiance, and atmosphere in your house. Lighting is one of the most important factors to consider. Dimmer, softer lighting can be calming and sleep-inducing. While brighter lights might make you feel alert and aware.
1. Create a lighting strategy
Create a small brief or lighting plan that addresses the essentials. Whether you’re starting from scratch or remodeling a room. Consider what activities take place in each space (eating, lounging, working). What main elements do you want to highlight, and any architectural constraints you may need to consider. Before you make any design selections, think about the style, scale, output, and even the color temperature of the lights. There will be fewer headaches and hasty last-minute decisions if you plan ahead of time.
2. Use many lighting sources
To generate mood and interest in a room, use layered lighting with diverse light sources on different levels. Make the most of a room’s size and shape with lighting. Uplighting makes a room feel larger, low-hung pendants provide the illusion of height. While lighting clusters make huge rooms feel cozier.
3. Check to see if the lighting is appropriate
Consider what you’ll be doing in each room and how lighting will influence or help you. Cooking necessitates more focused illumination. Thus a mix of bright accent lighting and recess lighting, such as in cupboards and above stove tops, is beneficial. Adjustable and focused lighting oriented away from you is preferable for reading. Sidelights and downlights are necessary for powder rooms. Dimmers will rapidly become your new best friend. These allow you to easily adjust the ambiance and warmth of your space while conserving electricity.
4. Select the bulb with care
The lights you pick should be more than a spur-of-the-moment decision. At times we make these choices while rushing through the supermarket after realizing they’ve blown. Take into account the following:
How bright do you need your space to be? (watts)
What kind of environment do you want to create? Color temperature, e.g. lower temp is more like candlelight, while higher temps are like a blue sky outside
Should energy efficiency be a factor? (for more frequently used lights)
Are you attempting to create a design or focus point (via scale, form, or color)?
5. Use spotlights to draw attention to your favorite items
Use lighting to draw attention to a feature wall, architectural aspect. Warmth, sophistication, and elegance can add to a room with wall-mounted lights. These can be set on either side of a statement mirror above the mantelpiece of a fireplace.
6. Make your visitors feel at ease
To pull people in, place a spotlight in the center of the dining table.
7. Illuminate the path at night
Harsh lighting that causes you to squint when turning a switch makes late-night bathroom breaks a nightmare. To offer gentle warmth and a guide, invest in directed floor level lighting in corridors, staircases, and bathrooms.
8. A little goes a long way
Maintain a consistent concept, color scheme, and material finish throughout the house. This applies especially when it comes to lighting. Too many different types in a jumbled array across the house can be disorienting and unsettling. Neutral, softer tones will open up a space and make it appear larger. While statement splashes of color (such as lampshades) will offer intrigue and a hint of elegance and coziness. Maintain a straightforward and consistent approach.
The Vont Tealights are perfect for this task. : Tealights are bound to generate the ideal atmosphere for any occasion. There’s no need to mop up candle drippings or worry about starting a fire. To turn it on, simply flick the switch and enjoy the warm flashing lights.
Why you should choose Vont Tea lights:
- Super long battery life makes these little battery-powered tea lights attractive. They last 2x longer than our competitors and come with pre-installed batteries for your convenience. All 24 candles can last for days without turning them off. They measure at 1.5 x 2 inches and fit into most candle holders.
- You would never guess these are not real candles as they are extremely realistic. They hand-craft each LED tea light to replicate the look & flicker of a real candle.
- They are ideal for special events. These flameless tealights are the diva of any event with their beautiful flickering light. Whether you are planning a wedding, surprise proposal, or an ambient dinner, our lights will serve your every need.
- Most importantly they possess amazing quality and have a lifetime product warranty. The Vont Flameless Tealights comes with a lifetime product warranty.
Lighting can be game-changer when you implement these simple yet effective tips. You will be able to transform any room into an attractive space. Most importantly, lighting takes away the monotony of dreary rooms making them lively places to dwell in.